Pages

April 26, 2012

Week in the Life: The Album


I had this dingy white album lying around waiting for a use for some time now.  I remember the time I was about to donate it with other things I had no use for and I pulled it back because I apparently can't decrease my scrapbooking stash.  I'm glad I didn't now.

I forgot who made this album (I covered the inside with paper and forgot to write down the manufacturer), but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a wedding album.  The cover was a white fake leather finish, and it got really dirty. I covered the front, back and the spine with paper I had from my stash, some washi tape, and bookbinding glue. Looks so much better now.

I also tried to use up a bunch of items in my stash, especially the newer items - the stamps, my mistable trim, my DIY Thickers (LOVE these!).


I'm always afraid these microbeads are going to flake off, so I put down a layer of Glossy Accents and spread it around with my finger for good measure.  Hopefully it stays!

It's a lot going on for the cover, but I'm glad I used a bunch of stash items and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

 Paper:: from stash/Stamps:: BasicGrey To Dos, Date and Time, Dear Lizzy Camera/Stickers:: Thickers Amy Tangerine Goodness (White), DIY Rainboots, typewritter letters from stash/Embellishments:: Tape: 7gypsies Avignon; Brads:  BasicGrey Lauderdale Stitched Brads; Trim: Pink Paislee Mistables Scallop Ribbons; Microbeads: Martha Stewart Yellow Barite; Mist: Studio Calico Mister Huey's Estate Green; Mask: Studio Calico Ampersand; Prima Flowers: from stash/Adhesive:: ATG gun, Club Scrap bookbinding glue, Glossy Accents, Tiny Attacher

1 comment:

09 10