Pages

February 2, 2015

Club Scrap Card Sketch Challenge - February 2015

 
 
New month, new sketch at the Club Scrap forums!  As I was setting up my new craft room, I got inspired to use a lot of patterns on one card, whether it be patterned paper, stamps, or stencils.  It's a fun way to use a lot of fun products in one card.  I ended up with a card with a bright color palette, but I kept the stamps I used somewhat subtle.  By using a tone-on-tone look on all three panels, I was able to use bold patterns without being too overwhelming.
 


I had fun with a bright and cheery mix of pink, orange, and yellow - perfect for a cold and wintry day!


I had colored bottle caps and circle cutaparts in my stash from a previous Club Scrap kit.  I ran the bottle cap through my Big Shot to flatten it a bit - I really like how it turned out!  I used pop dots to adhere it snugly to the card.


I had some black faceted jewels (aka my bling) in my stash that I used on the bottom panel to even out the large embellishment on the top panel.  And while I haven't forgotten anyone's birthday yet (I think), this snarky sentiment is always handy to have around, just in case I'm not quite on top of things.

I hope you can join in on the challenge thread this month!

Supplies // Paper: Club Scrap: Black (Matrix), Pink (Graffiti - on sale!), Orange (All That Jazz), Yellow (Fire & Ice) / Inks: Club Scrap: Fuschia, Tangergine, and Topaz Hybrid Inks, India Black Ink / Embellishments: Club Scrap: Bottlecap and cutaparts (Bold Blooms), Bling from stash / Stamps: Club Scrap: Tilescapes, Hopes, Crusin', Peacock  / Tools: Inkadinkado Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Sizzix Big Shot, Pop dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10