Pages

February 8, 2015

Club Scrap Artist Team - and London Calling!

 photo Artistteambadge_rsz_zpsee8cbeff.jpg

Aaaaaand I'm a week (well, six days) late in announcing this, but I am officially a member of the brand new Club Scrap Artist Team!  I have been a member of Club Scrap since April of 2008 and it is such an honor to have the opportunity to showcase my most favorite-est monthly kit club.

If you've frequented this blog, you'll see that a lot of my scrapbook pages, cards, and projects are made with Club Scrap supplies - I love their papers because they use high-quality, beautiful cardstock, have unique, exclusive patterned paper and cutaparts, and their stamps are made with amazing red rubber (great for those very detailed designs!)  I've consistently received their Lite kit for many years (perfect for just a taste of this club month by month), but as an Artist Team member I'll also be showing off the full Deluxe kit during my term.  I'm so excited for this month's kit - London Calling!  It's perfect for documenting a trip to London (obviously), but the pastel color palette is also great for spring pictures, outdoor snapshots, and general travel memorabilia as well.


This month I'm loving the mix of the watercolor backgrounds with the iconic views of London, the adorable stamp images such as the mustache, Wellies, and the "Keep On..." slogan, and my absolute favorite, this Underground washi tape.  I've just broken into this kit, so I made a quick and simple card for a friend who recently had a baby boy.


Obviously, I wanted to feature that adorable mustache stamp, so I paired it with a die-cut bowtie and a quick stamped sentiment and I was good to go!  (If you don't have a similar die or cut file, but you do have a Envelope Punch Board, you can make a similar bow using this technique.)  I love the subtle green pattern on the cream paper, and the detailed texture on the light green paper adds a bit of interest to a solid cardstock.


I added some foam tape under the mustache and the folds of the bow tie to add some dimension and help the bow tie keep its shape.  I think that the shades of the blue and green in this card makes it great to greet a new baby with!

Keep checking back this month to see more details of the London Calling kits!

Supplies // Paper: Club Scrap: Green Patterned, Blue, Light Green (London CallingInks: Club Scrap: India Black Ink /  Stamps: Club Scrap: London Calling Collection; Lowercase alphabet stamps (similar) / Tools: Studio Calico: Bow craft die;  Foam tape

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Unique use of that mustache stamp!!! Congrats on being selected for the Artist Team! Well-deserved, I might add!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the team! That card is so cute! Love the dimension added by the tape!

    ReplyDelete

09 10